At Rio Health, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers, our visitors to our website and our subscribers to our newsletter. In particular, we want you to know that Rio Health is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists or other personal information with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
Rio Health (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To make a tailored website for you
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- For market research purpose - to better understand your needs
- To enable Rio Health to manage customer service interactions with you
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Rio Health uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest Rio Health offers.
Rio Health aims to update you about products which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Changing marketing preferences in your account
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” links in emails
- Contact Rio Health via the contact us page or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Sharing data with third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Rio Health only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Rio Health and to you, and for no other purposes.
Personal information we collect
Rio Health may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on our website;
- your password(s);
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Rio Health
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We have reviewed all the cookies we use and have divided them into three categories:
- Analytics and customisation
- Advertising or tracking
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website such as placing an order or adding into your basket. Without these cookies, our website won’t work properly.
Analytics and customisation
Our Analytics cookies collect information about how you use our website and help us improve how our website work. For instance, this could be the pages you visit most often and the error messages from those pages.
We use tools such as Google Analytics to help us better understand how our customers navigate to and through our websites, how long customers spend visiting our content items, how often they return to visit our websites and what demographic categories (age, gender, interests) they fall into.
Advertising or tracking
We do not accept advertising from any other organisation on our websites. We do however advertise our own products on our websites and you may see adverts for us elsewhere on the internet. The cookies we use to present you with adverts may be based on the content you visit the most on our websites, so we can let you know about what we think you will be interested in. The cookies show us where you saw the advert; help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; and limit the number of times you see an advert.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you; Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Age of consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post using the details provided below:
2 Centenary Estate