3 ways to celebrate Women’s Health and Fitness Day
If you’re American, today is National Women’s Health and Fitness Day. If you’re not (like us), why not celebrate it anyway?
We think that every day is a day to improve your health and fitness, so we’ve come up with some things you could do to celebrate…
Try something new
Find a local workout class taster session or nutrition class.
Trying new things is a great way to get out of your comfort zone, challenge yourself and meet new friends. You may even find a new passion you never knew you had!
Check out the HuffPost’s list of 11 unusual ways to get in shape for some inspo. Anyone for a game of ultimate frisbee?!
Have a mindful health assessment
With all the things that distract us in our everyday lives, it can be all too easy to block out little health niggles which we should be paying more attention to.
Here’s how to conduct a mindful health assessment on yourself:
- Make sure your bedroom is as peaceful as possible.
- Lay down on your bed, on your back with your hands by your sides.
- Close your eyes.
- Slowly concentrate on one area of your body at a time, starting from your feet.
- Think about how that part of your body feels. Is there any pain, aches or tension?
- Once you’ve run through each area of your body, make a note of anything that feels a little off.
- Make a plan for how to resolve it. If your feet ache, do you need a foot massage or new shoes? Perhaps you’ve had this ache a while - do you need a doctor’s appointment?
Do this once every few months to keep your health in tip-top condition and to tackle any little problems before they escalate.
Host a healthy buffet
Most of us have a handful of recipes in the bank that are relatively healthy, and easy to make. Wouldn’t it be nice to get a few more under your belt?
Arrange a buffet lunch with your friends, and encourage each one to bring along something healthy they’ve made. It’s the perfect way to swap recipes and catch up with your friends!
How will you celebrate Women’s Health and Fitness Day? Let us know on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.